On the lower deck you will find a cosy saloon equipped with tables and chairs and a fully stocked bar. There is also an open fore-deck at the bow which can be covered during bad weather and open rear deck, a great point from which to watch the ever-changing riverscape.
Upstairs you will find a spacious upper deck; the seating will be moved from the usual “sightseeing” layout so that you and your guests have an even more open space in which to relax, mingle and watch the world go by.
The relaxed layout ensures this boat is the ideal venue for smaller groups & informal groups for any occasion!
This is our most accessible boat for disabled customers, with a ramped entrance, one level flooring and disabled toilet. As such, the River Duchess is a perfect private charter option for groups who would require wheelchair access.
See our video guide in order to gauge the size of the vessel and start to imagine your private function taking place on board our largest vessel:
The number of guests that you can invite will depend on the season and choice of entertainment and/or food.
Below is an indication of the maximum guest numbers incorporating the upper deck area.
- Without Catering: Up to 60 people (incorporating uncovered upper deck)
- Downstairs, enclosed seating capacity: 30-35 people
- With Informal Buffet: up to 50 people (incorporating uncovered upper deck)
- With Entertainment: 40 – 45 people (incorporating uncovered upper deck)
- With Informal Buffet & Entertainment: up to 40 people (incorporating uncovered upper deck)
(Hot food is not available on this boat)
(Maximum guest numbers include upper open areas)
If you are interested in chartering the River Palace, please complete a Private Charter Enquiry Form